fall festival season is here!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

With hurricane Irene passed (we had a crazy night evacuating the studio) and a definite shift to cooler weather this week, I am excited for fall and the shows I will be exhibiting chirp & bloom in soon. I am very proud to have been accepted into the Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair in Washington DC! I attended the 2009 & 2010 shows as an enthusiastic shopper/blogger and am still processing the disbelief that I will be a vendor this year on Saturday October 1. I feel like the geek who just got invited to hang out with the cool people. The last two years, the weather was Indian summer-like on the 1st weekend of October, so let's keep those fingers crossed for a 3rd year of the same!
After having so much fun at the Clover Market in Ardmore, PA last June, I signed on to do 3 more shows with them this fall ("them" being Janet Long and her wonderful group of volunteers). Read about how the market got its start here.The shows are one Sunday per month starting on September 18th. Next is October 16th, then November 6th. Even if I weren't going to be a vendor, I'd hop on over there to shop anyway. It's a great group of vintage & antiques dealers mixed with handmade sellers set up in a parking lot along the up-and-coming main street. It's not actually called Main Street, though, it's East Lancaster Ave (12 E. Lancaster Ave, Ardmore, PA, 19003 if you want to program that into the GPS).
Finally, although I am not an exhibitor, I will probably head over to  Brandywine Park in downtown Wilmington (next to the zoo) on September 9th/10th to take in the Brandywine Festival of the Arts. I attended last year and thought it much improved over previous years now that local arts mogul Barry Schlecker has taken it over. It will be a fun activity to do with the relatives who will be staying with us that weekend for a family wedding.

Come out in the nice weather and support your local arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment