Union Square Holiday Market

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Karma Design
Last weekend when I was in New York City for the Craftacular, I came across a colorful outdoor market in Union Square. The booths were semi permanent plywood structures that stay up for the holiday shopping season. I didn't envy the shopkeepers who are there in all weather every day for weeks, but I did envy some of the displays.
Karma Design
I'd like to preface my enthusiasm by adding that most of the products here are imported from countries in Asia. None of them claimed to be fair trade enterprises, so I didn't buy anything. But there is no doubting the emotional pull of the colorful decorative merchandise. I can only hope to fill a craft show booth as compellingly one day...
Karma Design
Bara Boheme Jewelry
The red chandelier popping against the turquoise with all the crisp white makes this booth!
Cala Design
Pattern + color = yummy!
Cala Design

Tribal Home
Tribal Home

More of my holiday window shopping in NYC to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment