boot lust, fall 2010

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Every year at this time I start wanting a new pair of boots. I usually get sticker shock and talk myself out of it, but I'm really tempted this year.
I just bought these for my daughter from Lands' End. She still lets me dress her for the most part, so I didn't even ask her if she liked them first. I do tend to be one of those moms who dresses her kids better than herself, so do I let a 9-year-old get away with looking better than me this fall?

 
These are real condenders. They are casual enough without having rubber soles and look like you could tuck skinny jeans into them.
I sure do love a classic equestrian riding boot as well.
I seem to be gravitating to Frye boots. I know I 'm dating myself, but I remember the Frye name being big when I was in high school in the 80's. They still make the boot everyone had back then. I never liked it, but I like all of these.
 
I remember these boots from high school also. Everyone had the moccasins with the beading on the front, but only the rebel types had these. I could see these now with leggings and a big comfy sweater lounging around the house. Price is right, anyway.
 
Perfect with a skirt or dress.

 
Very similar to the Born boot. Worn with an a-line camel wool skirt with a deep inverted pleat in the front: divine
I might even wear a plaid shirt if I had these.
Descisions...descisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment