patrice's studio

Tuesday, September 8, 2009


I'm always curious to see other people's studio spaces, probably because I crave to have one myself. Now that I have the sewing bug, the dining room just won't do anymore. Something will have to be done with the basement...

My friend Patrice, a textiles expert in California, has an enviable set-up. She is lucky to have use of half of an outbuilding on the same property as her residence, which makes it a pleasant destination to escape to. Her space is utilitarian and stylish at the same time
. The floor and chairs are cheerful shades of orange while the walls are a calm white and the shelving and tables are basic steel. The rest of the color comes from the array of fabrics arranged by hue in clear containers. To someone like me, it's like a candy store. I just want to open all the containers and paw the fabrics!!! I will strive for the same controlled chaos when I get going on my basement redo.

No comments:

Post a Comment